1815 Proximity Card Reader
DoorKing offers the following proximity card reader products: DK Prox, HID and AWID proximity card readers, all of which are compatible with the 1830 Series access controllers. All readers feature a cosmetically appealing design that will blend with any architectural design and offer high durability and reliability. Mifare card readers are also available for those applications using Mifare Classic cards (we do not sell the Mifare cards, just the Mifare card readers).
AVI (or Automated Vehicle ID) Long Range readers operate in the same manner as proximity card systems, but with longer ranges. A typical AVI system places a tag on the vehicle, rather than having the user carry it. In this manner, a gate system will open automatically as the vehicle approaches with a properly credentialed tag. This provides convenience and is ideal in applications where only authorized vehicles are allowed entry.
Have DKProx cards or Mifare cards that are un-usable because the card number has worn off? A simple solution is to use the DK Card Identifier which allows you to read the card access code on your computer.
- Because physical contact is not required, proximity card readers can read card data through common building materials like: concrete, brick, stone, drywall, plaster, glass, wood, plastic...in fact, through anything but metal.
- Proximity card readers are maintenance free. There are no parts to wear out or adjust.
- Passive card technology provides an unlimited number of "card reads" with no battery to wear out.
- Passive cards, unless they are physically abused, will last virtually forever.
- Clamshell, ISO Graphic and KeyTag type cards are available.
- Read ranges are not absolute and will vary depending on several factors including where the reader is mounted, the mounting surface and product application.
- These card readers output their data in 26-bit wiegand format.
- Most card readers operate on 5-12 VDC. AVI systems may operate at different voltages.
- These card readers are not designed for stand-alone operation (see 1520/1524 readers) and must be connected to an access controller (DKS 1830 Series systems).
DK Prox Readers
- 1815-300; up to 3-inch read range.
- 1815‐301; up to 4-inch read range.
- 1815‐302; up to 2-inch read range. Fits inside 1830 90 Series telephone entry systems.
- 1815‐305; up to 12-inch read range.
- 1815‐330; 1815‐300 reader on a surface mount enclosure.
- 1815‐333; same as 1815‐330 but also includes a 2358‐010 Tracker expansion board
- 1504-124; 1815‐300 mounted on surface enclosure with built in intercom substation.
DK Mifare Card Readers
- 1815-600 mullion mount
- 1815-601 single-gang electrical box mount
- 2 - 4 inch read range
- Reads 13.56 MHz Classic 4-Byte UID cards
DK Prox Long Range (AVI) Reader
- 1815-350: adjustable read range; 8 ft to 25 ft.
- Two different operating modes: timing and trigger.
- Uses frequency hopping technology in the UHF frequency band (902 - 928 MHz).
- Adjustable timing intervals between consecutive readings of same tag.
- Uses passive tags - no batteries to worry about.
- Dual technology cards are available allowing a single card to be used with both AVI and standard DK Prox readers.
- 1815‐280 (SR 2400); up to 4‐inch read range.
- 1815‐281 (SP 6820); up to 8‐inch read range.
- 1815‐282 (MM 6800); up to 8‐inch read range.
- 1815‐290; 1815‐280 reader on a surface mount enclosure.
- 1815‐292; same as 1815‐290 but also includes a 2358‐010 Tracker expansion board.
- 1504‐122; 1815‐281 mounted on surface enclosure with built in intercom substation.
- 1815‐283 (MR 1824); up to 24‐inch read range. Includes regulated power supply.
- 1815‐284 (MR 1824 MC); metal compensated; up to 16‐inch read range. Includes regulated power supply.
- Long Range Vehicle Tag Reader
- 1815‐170 (LR 3000).
- 1815‐168 Installation Kit.
- 1815‐162 Power Supply.
- 1508‐072 Mounting Bracket.
- Read range varies depending on the type of tag used. Maximum read range is 15 feet.
- Installation kit is highly recommended for proper setup (AWID Policy.)
- 1815‐380 (ProxPoint Plus); up to 3-inch read range. Fits inside 1830 90 Series telephone entry systems.
- 1815‐381 (MiniProx); up to 5-inch read range.
- 1815‐382 (ThinLine II); up to 5-inch read range.
- 1815-390; 1815‐382 reader on a surface mount enclosure.
- 1815-392; same as 1815‐390 but also includes a 2358‐010 Tracker expansion board.
- 1504‐123; 1815‐382 mounted on surface enclosure with built in intercom substation.
- 1815‐395 (MaxiProx); Up to 6‐foot read range with 1508‐014 tags.
- Includes regulated power supply.