DoorKing 1815 DK PROX brand card reader.
- Because physical contact is not required, proximity card readers can read card data through common building materials like: concrete, brick, stone, drywall, plaster, glass, wood, plastic...in fact, through anything but metal.
- Proximity card readers are maintenance free. There are no parts to wear out or adjust.
- Passive card technology provides an unlimited number of "card reads" with no battery to wear out. Active cards provide a much longer read range, but use a battery that will require replacement in time (2-years approximately).
- Passive cards, unless they are physically abused, will last virtually forever.
- Clamshell, ISO Graphic and KeyTag type cards are available.
- Read ranges are not absolute and will vary depending on several factors including where the reader is mounted, the mounting surface and product application.
- These card readers output their data in 26-bit wiegand format.
- Most card readers operate on 5-12 VDC. AVI systems may operate at different voltages.
- These card readers are not designed for stand-alone operation (see 1520/1524 readers) and must be connected to an access controller (DKS 1830 Series systems).
- 1815-300; up to 3-inch read range.
- 1815‐301; up to 4-inch read range.
- 1815‐302; up to 2-inch read range.
- 1815‐305; up to 12-inch read range.
Not metal compensated (read range is reduced when mounted directly to metal surface).
Pictured are the 302 (tiny), 300 (mullion), and 301 (single gang)
NOTE: Do Not confuse the "DK Prox" with the "DKS" version items, they are not interchangeable.